A WordPress blog, as with all other blogs, is essentially a website that you own and manage yourself. WordPress is an open source and free content management platform written in PHP and along with a MySQL or MSS MySQL database. It is free to download and use. Features include a widget architecture and template system, called the “WPT” in WordPress, and a plugin architecture. In short, you just have to plug-in your favorite WordPress feature into your template or layout and your done. It’s really very simple. cbmet2012.com
There are a number of ways to customize your blog and turn it into something unique, however most users just want to keep it simple and free of clutter. In order to do this there are hundreds of available WordPress plug-ins. Plug-ins add features, functionality, and style to your blog. Some popular features include:
* Widget support – There are a number of great plug-ins for displaying widgets on your blog. One popular example is Google Maps. With the use of this plug-in you can integrate your blog’s URL into Google’s maps interface. This makes it very easy for users of your blog to find your blog and shows what content is available from your blog.
* Theme support – There are also hundreds of different theme settings that allow users to change the look of their blog, according to their own interests and styles. This is also one of the most popular ways for a WordPress user to customize his blog. If you don’t already have a theme set-up WordPress offers a wide array of free plug-ins to help you easily create a stunning WordPress blog.
* Storage options – There are also a number of plug-ins that give you the ability to store your blog’s content off-site in a number of different ways. For instance, there is the All-in-One-SEO plug-in that manages all of your back-linking, article submission and other SEO tasks. There is also a plug-in that automatically creates XML sitemaps for you. This helps you optimize your blog for the search engines and ensures that your blog pages are properly referenced.
* Polls – WordPress offers several different polls tools that allow users to ask questions of their audience. You can also install WordPress Polls, which allows users to generate polls in bulk from their WordPress dashboard. These polls allow you to collect feedback about new products, services or blog topics. A popular plugin is Poll Panda. This plugin can also automatically collect emails from subscribers, which you can then use to promote products and service improvements on your blog. These surveys make it easy for customers to provide valuable input about the products that they use on your website.
* Search Engine Optimization – WordPress plugins that are used to increase your search engine optimization (SEO) rank are very popular among website owners. There are literally dozens of different SEO plugins available for WordPress. Some of these plugins can optimize your blog for specific keywords. Other popular SEO plugins are Wp-eeper and All-in-One-SEO Pro.
* Contact: WordPress offers a feature called Contact-list. This feature allows you to create mailing lists based on your subscription patterns. It also allows users to send direct messages to other members.
* File Types: WordPress supports several different file types, allowing users to post various files with different extensions. This includes Text, HTML, and Resource. To upload a file, users need to choose a “uploading file” option. This feature is useful if you frequently upload new graphics or multimedia to your blog.
* Allowing WordPress to Auto-lish Your Blog – WordPress makes it easy to publish your blog using cPanel or your own dedicated hosting server. To publish your blog, just login as your user and click “New Post”. This will take you to your post directory where you can create your blog pages. You also have the option of creating a static HTML page or an audio-streaming video.
* Add-ons for WordPress – There are a large number of plugins available for WordPress. Most of them are theme specific, meaning that users have to enter the same information in order to use them on their blog pages. However, there are also theme-specific stylesheets that can be used to customize how the template looks. This makes it very easy for users to create a unique blog look.